Effective April 22, 2010 the rules are changing.  Be aware of your requirements when doing HVAC renovation or maintenance.

Make sure to check out the EPA’s website to review an EPA Handbook (PDF) on the subject. It could literally save you thousands of dollars in fines. Certifications from the EPA are required and employees must be trained on proper procedures.

Who’s impacted by this change?

In general, anyone who is paid to perform work that disturbs paint in housing and child-occupied facilities built before 1978, this may include, but is not limited to:
– Residential rental property owners/managers
– General contractors
– Special trade contractors, including
– Painters
– Plumbers
– Carpenters
– Electricians

I would count HVAC contractors as well.  Make sure to review the EPA’s handbook and prepare yourself for this change.