In our third Q&A with women in HVAC, we chatted with HVAC Tech Hannah Dahlor. Hannah is new to the field and is absolutely loving every moment of it.
1. How long have you worked in HVACR?
I finished training and got into the field in August of 2018. I’m very new but learning quick!
2. What is your favorite part of working in HVAC?
I absolutely love the challenge. Each job is different from the last and I get to test my knowledge every day. It’s incredibly rewarding.
3. What benefits do you feel you have to be a Woman in HVAC?
They call us “unicorns” – we’re so rare! It’s really cool to feel like a diamond in the rough. It also gives me such an advantage with the female clientele. Women love seeing other women break barriers and push the norm.
4. What obstacles do you feel you have to be a Woman in HVAC?
I am sure there will always be technicians and clients alike that believe this is a man’s field. I enjoy going above and beyond to prove them wrong.
5. Do you have any advice for women thinking about getting into the HVAC field?
Skip college. Join the trades. Jump in and get your hands dirty. You’ll never be bored and as long as you commit yourself, you’ll never stop impressing people. It’s an excellent feeling. We need as many blue-collar ladies as we can get!
6. What is one fun fact about you?
In my free time, I love to watch anime and read manga.
Make sure to follow Hannahs journey through the world of HVAC on her Instagram @hannahdoeshvac